“Judging and Dissemination Preferences” was introduced to both maximize the impact created by the PR Campaigns and to provide added flexibility for participants. Participants are asked to indicate their preferences for three options: “Judging Date” and “Public Announcement Date” and “PR-Campaign Launch Date”. These three options help you to respectively “learn your results earlier”, “announce your results earlier” and “launch your pr-campaign earlier” which also increases our efficiency of pr-efforts as “pr-campaign dates will be differentiated” due to preferences of the entrants. Details of “Preferred Judging Date”, “Preferred Public Announcement Date” and “Preferred Pr-Campaign Launch Date” options are given in the next pages, however as a summary, if you choose the “Earliest” option for all preference selections, your pr-campaign will start very early and your results will be announced even earlier than the standard announcement date, and if you choose “latest” for all options, your campaign will start the last but your result will still be announced at the public announcement date.
If you wish to learn the results earliest and also wish to start your pr-campaign earliest, choose “Earliest” option for all the “Preferred Judging Date”, “Preferred Public Announcement Date” and “Preferred Pr-Campaign Launch Date” selections. If you wish to learn the results earliest and but meanwhile if you want to postpone your pr-campaign and results announcement, choose “Earliest” for the “Preferred Judging Date” and “Latest” option “Preferred Public Announcement Date” and “Preferred Pr-Campaign Launch Date”. If you do not care these options, please choose “Indifferent” for all of them so that the flexibility of the system increases.
How does it work?
Based on your preferences, we will try to change the order of your judging, public announcement and pr-campaign dates; however please note that the changes are not guaranteed due to preferences of the jury, and other factors. To change the settings see the relevant function from your control-panel or see the settings section while viewing your design.
Preferred Judging Date
“Preferred Judging Date” option helps participants to learn their results earlier than the anticipated date if they choose “Earliest” or “Earlier” options for the preferred judging date; this creates added possibility for winners to take early action (such as for registering designs: as on standards results announced date, winners are made public) or it also gives the participants added time to update or modify their nominated submissions before the design is publicly released especially when the preferred judging date is selected as the “latest”.
We would like to remind that designs can be updated until they are judged by at least a jury member; when a jury member votes on a design, designs cannot be updated or modified as they would be locked.
Participants who have nominated their works can choose between six options for the “preferred judging date” to determine how early their entries will be judged. Choosing, for example the “Earliest” option can help designers to learn the results of the final voting by the jury by a significant amount of time earlier than the normal date which could range from several days to a month.
The latest option assures that, your entry will be judged the last. If your entry is judged earlier, we could also start your pr-campaign earlier. If your entry is judged the last, you will have time to update your designs before we launch your pr-campaign.
No matter which option is selected, all the results will have been already judged and locked at the public announcement date.
Judging Date Preference Options
- Earliest: Your entry will be given highest priority during voting and it will be judged earliest.
- Earlier: Your entry will be given higher priority during voting and it will be judged earlier than other designs.
- Regular: Your entry will be given a normal priority during voting.
- Late: Your entry will be given lesser priority during voting and it will be judged earlier than other designs.
- Latest: Your entry will be given least priority during voting and it will be judged latest.
- Indifferent: Your entry will be voted based on the schedule of others.
Preferred Public Announcement Date
This is the date when your entry is announced as a winner. Results are announced to the public with a press-release or conference, at the I Design Award website and at I Design Award Dissemination Network which consists of hundreds of websites.
For public announcement date preference, participants can choose between six options. The “Earliest” option assures that your winning entry will be announced as a winner as early as possible. “Latest” option assures that your design will be indicated as a winner at the regular results announced date.
Please also note that, if you choose “Earliest, Earlier or Indifferent” options, your proprietary press-release will most probably be distributed before the regular “public announcement date”, which means, people will most probably learn you are a winner of I Design Award before the general competition results are announced.
Public Announcement Date Preference Options
- Earliest: Your entry will be given highest priority for public announcement.
- Earlier: Your entry will be given higher priority for public announcement.
- Regular: Your entry will be given a normal priority for public announcement.
- Late: Your entry will be given lesser priority for public announcement.
- Latest: Your entry will be given least priority for public announcement.
- Indifferent: The public announcement of your winning entry will be based on the schedule of others.
Preferred PR-Campaign Launch Date
By starting pr-campaigns on different days, their execution can be made better; for example marketing efforts could be made over a longer period of time, and press releases could be distributed more effectively, and more resources could be allocated for single entries.
Please be informed that between the earliest and latest options, there could be months of differences because the number of press releases we could distribute are limited per day due to the regulations imposed upon us by our pr-partners and their contracts such as the associated press. “PR-Campaign Launch Date” preference helps us to overcome these regulations by spreading the winners’ announcements over time.
To remind you once more, I Design Award will make a total of three unique press releases for each of the winning entries to increase the visibility and impact of winning the entry; first of all a general press release will be made during the public announcement date, secondly a category press release will be made targeted to reach the specific categories and industries and finally, we will prepare and distribute a press release for your winning entry only. Therefore, even if you choose the latest option for your public announcement date, you might still be contacted by press members who have read the initial or category press release.
Preferred PR-Campaign Launch Date Options
- Earliest: The pr-campaign for this design should start immediately at the very moment it is selected as a winner. I understand that the moment my design is notified as a winner, a press-release will be prepared, distributed and my design will be made public. I also understand that my design could be made public earlier than the regular results announcement date.
- Regular: The pr-campaign for this design should start together with other designs when the general results are announced to public. I understand that, only after the general announcement, a specific press release for this design will be prepared and distributed. I also understand that, it will take more time for my pr-campaign to start in comparison.
- Latest: The pr-campaign for this design should start after the general results are announced to public, following others announcements. Due to other designs in queue, I understand that it will take some time before my pr-campaign would be launched.
- Indifferent: The pr-campaign for this design can start anytime depending on others.